Monday, November 14, 2011

2 in 1 Holiday Chalkboard Plate

I created this plate with the idea of being able to use it for both Halloween and Thanksgiving. The plate is painted with chalkboard paint and you can write and erase your own holiday phrase


I used a wooden plate I bought at Hobby Lobby,some Chalkboard paint, 1 sheet of scrapbook paper and some pumpkin clipart 


I spray painted the plate with the Chalkboard paint. Spray at least 2 coats to be able to have the chalkboard effect 

I ran the scrapbook paper through my printer and added some text for a nicer look 

I then cut out a circle about the size of the middle of my plate and chalked the edges  

I glued the paper circle and pumpkin clipart down
using some Mod Podge  
With chalk, I added my holiday phrase and placed it on a cute stand.

You could find the pumpkin clipart, I used to make this plate,  at Digiart Cafe

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by earlier and for your sweet note! Your crafty ideas are so creative and your photography is GREAT! I'm your newest follower and I'd love to have you follow me, too on your next visit!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love how diverse your handy little chalkboard will be. Thanks for linking up to the Head to Head Showdown! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very creative.. I love them.. Hope you can stop in and link them tomorrow via my pin'inspirational Thursday pweease.. LOVE them.. : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute plate! I'm always looking for ways to use chalkboard paint and this is darling. And I love that's versatile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea!! Totally versatile! New follower here. Would love it if you could stop by and share this at my linky party. It ends tonight! :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-8.html

    Also, PRETTY PLEASE stop by and check out Random Acts of Kindness Week going on right now! Would love to see you be a part of it!! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. Love the text you added to the scrap papper. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home. I'm also your newest follower. Cute blog.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chalkboard past idea ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I just bought some chalkboard spray paint! Now I have some great inspiration from you! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete