Monday, November 21, 2011

Copic Markers Storage Box


I love all things organized, and after starting my collection of Copic Markers, I decided to make my own storage box!


I used: 1 medium square box (from Hobby Lobby), some natural medium weight chipboard sheets, Tacky Glue, a pencil, x-acto knife and a ruler

Cut out 7 squares from the chipboard sheets, about 5 5/8" x 4 3/4" each

Measure and draw a 1/2" line on each side of the squares. Lightly score each side, about 3 times, making sure not to cut through the chipboard.
Do this to all 7 chipboard squares

Fold in the ends of each square

On the lid of the box, draw a square. 1/4" in on the sides and 1/8" for the top and bottom. Using the x-acto knife, cut out the square, creating a window on the lid

Using the Tacky glue, place some glue on each one of the folded ends of the chipboard squares and place inside the box, with the sides folded down to form a shelf. This is what the box and top should look like

Use some Mod Podge, a sponge brush and some scrapbooking paper to decoupage the box and lid

Place the lid on the box and arrange your markers! You could place the box on its side or standing up. This box holds 48 Copic Sketch Markers and 8 Fine Liner Copics. As your collection grows you could create more boxes and stack them!

Hope you find this tutorial helpful and fun!

23 comments:

  1. Great Idea!! Love it. Now I just need some of those Copic Markers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to keep everything just so! Thanks for linking up to the Head to Head Showdown! ~Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! There are SO many things that I could organize with this. Thank you for the ideas.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome. Would you like to submit this post as part of my guest posting for my blog birthday? If so, email me at foundmyfavorite@gmail.com and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! You are so creative. I am a new follower from The Girl Creative. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a storage box one time for markers similar to this and I googled and googled but never saw anything like it on the internet. She probably made hers too. Thanks for the easy to follow directions and great pictures and for linking this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - your newest follower, Karima

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous idea--you must really be an organizational type person! Great inspiration; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday!!
    Hope to see you there again tomorrow!
    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you posted this as I've been searching for a copic marker storage solution and haven't found anything I love yet. Since this is covered with scrapbook paper it could be made to match any personality and I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, you make it look easy. I should really try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea :) My husband still has so many of these markers from his uni days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! You are very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up to serenity Saturday. Hope you can join us again this week
    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea & very clear instructions. Thank you for posting. Will have to try my hand at making one. THANKS!!!
    Eleanor Williams

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just started investing in Copics Markers and am searching for a storage solution. This looks great. We don't have Hobby Lobby in my area. Can you tell me the dimensions of the box you started with?

    Thanks - Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne,
      The box is 4 3/4" wide and 5" tall (with lid on)

      The lid: width is 5" and the
      height is 1" tall
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  17. Thank you! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete