Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Joy" art

I was inspired to make my own "Joy" artwork from all those wonderful ideas other people have posted. I kept seeing the word "Joy" and thought it would be nice to make one myself


I used some white adhesive vinyl, 
scrapbook paper, clipart and a wooden block I had purchased a while back from Hobby Lobby 
I painted the wood white and decoupaged a striped scrapbook paper on it. Once it was dry, I gently sanded the edges to get rid of excess paper and give it a nice grungy finish 

I cut my vinyl letters using my Cricut machine. I drew out the letters and used a program called "Sure Cuts A Lot", which allows you to use your computer with your Cricut 

I opened my clipart and sent it to print


You could find this clipart at Digiart Cafe 

Here I cut out my clipart with scissors and decoupaged the paper, letters and clipart to my wooden board
I placed it on a stand and that's it! 


You could find the letters and clipart at Digiart Cafe 



4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm a new follower. Stop by and enter to win my Heirloom ornament...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks, that's adorable! Nice job!

    I did "Joy" art this week too for linky parties :D

    Visiting from Crafty, Scrappy, Happy linky party,
    Smiles and thanks for sharing,
    ~Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely!

    Thank-you so much for joining up to our Pin’Inspiration Thursday Party. Your creativity adds so much to the fun.

    Happy follower, would love if you popped by and grabbed a button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the little reindeer. He is an adorable touch for the holidays. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower from Iamonly1woman.

    http://chickenscratchny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete