Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa Fabric Ornament

This was a really easy and fun project to make and it looks really cute on the tree. 
I used some of my clipart but you could use photos, drawings and just about anything you could print!



 I used an 8.5"x11" piece of muslin fabric and some Digital Ground. I am really loving this stuff because it makes your inkjet prints look so amazing when using fabric. 


Just brush apply two coats in opposite directions on the fabric. Make sure it 
dries completely before putting it 
through the printer

 I selected this "Xmas Santa" clipart from my shop Digiart Cafe because it has a front and a back view of Santa. I printed it out on the muslin using my inkjet printer

For the next step I used some cotton batting, twine and my sheet of muslin print

I then cut my muslin sheet in half. I aligned the front and back of my Santa and cut around it with scissors. Then I used one of the pieces to cut around the batting

I placed the batting in the middle of the front and back pieces, folded my twine into a loop and placed it in between the pieces on the top and used a sewing machine to sew around the image.

Hang and decorate your tree!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this product but I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for the heads up and for linking this to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    I will be pinning your post to my inspiration board for future use. :0
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!


    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party, hope to see you there again this week

    Natasha xx

    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    ReplyDelete