Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Xmas Mailbox

Now that my kids are older, we decided to start a new tradition where they give each other meaningful gifts. Something small that lets the other person know that they are thinking about them. I created this mailbox with the idea that they could place ideas in the mailbox. 


If you have small children, they could place their letters to Santa here!


I used a paper mache mailbox (from Hobby Lobby), some white paint, some holiday craft ribbon and red paint 

I removed the flag and painted it white and also painted the ends white. I decided not to use the red paint and instead decoupage the mailbox and flag with scrapbook paper 

I used some clipart, that I created, which has the front and back of a reindeer. I thought it would be cute to place it on the front and back of the mailbox. 
I printed it on sticker paper, which you could find at any office supply store. 

Once my mailbox was decoupaged and dry, I placed the flag back on and cut two pieces of the Holiday ribbon to place along the edge of the mailbox

Front

Back
I placed the clipart on the ends 

and here is the final mailbox! 

You could find this Reindeer Clipart at Digiart Cafe

11 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable idea!

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! thanks for sharing at Summit St's gift party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, my son is way too young yet but this is already on my list of things to do when he gets a bit older! Thanks for sharing, visiting via The Creative Spark

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!
    Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I have included this in today's features!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! I always save a copy of my kids' letters to Santa in a little mailbox we have. Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your mailbox as a favorite from last week's Bedazzle Me Monday!! Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/you-dazzled_18.html

    Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you again this week.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your awesome project today at my blog :)

    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-11-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this idea - plus I have some small mailboxes =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mailbox is really a great idea. How thoughtful of your children to do that activity for each other. Your mother would be so proud of you to think in a tradition to keep the family together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had this as a real mail box :) Would love love love for you to share this at my Best of 2011 party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com. Happy new year! My

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post! I'm having a Linky party too! I would love it if you would link up your favorite posts. Here is the link http://www.thesouthernproductqueen.com/one-stop-shoppe-linky-party

    ReplyDelete