Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Barbie Doll House

So today I was looking through pictures of when my kids 
were little and I came across a picture of 
the doll house I made my girls  


At the time, my girls needed a doll house that could fit all of their barbie furniture and that would actually 
fit their barbies


I used two 3-shelf bookcases and glued them 
together with wood glue
 This helped make the doll house very sturdy 
and not easy to tip over

This is the inside of the dollhouse
I used scrapbooking paper as wall paper
I cut out windows and a door from the piece of cardboard (used for the back) that comes with the shelves
I also added craft wood accents and stenciling to decorate the front of the house

For the roof, I used foam board and covered it with wood chips to give it a roof finish



As you can see from this picture, the doll house is large enough for the barbies and looks cute in any girl's room!


15 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you made that! It's beautiful! My husband made something similar but it doesn't have a front and back. It's basically a bookshelf with a roof, but hey they love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from A Creative Princess. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html Wishing you a grand rest of the week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! Bookmarked for future reference! I have two boys, but this would be PERFECT if I ever had a little girl :) Would love if you came and shared at my first party!

    http://osiemoats.blogspot.com/2012/07/thursday-linky-party-1.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It is beyond cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is so cute, I always wanted a dollhouse growing up! That would have been perfect for the barbies I had when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! We would love to have you link up some of your projects at our party!

    http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and what a great job, you should be so proud of yourself. I hope they enjoyed that for a long time. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet ... I have always loved dollhouses :)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fantastic. A lot fancier than the dollhouse I had growing up.

    I'd like to invite you to share this project at my Pin Party.

    http://www.sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/pintastic-monday-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to last week's Tuesday Confessional Link Party. You've been featured! Congrats!
    http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2012/07/features-from-last-weeks-tuesday.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you ladies for all your wonderful comments. I've had fun visiting all of your blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea! I am featuring you tomorrow! Hope to see you again at tomorrows linky!
    Kim@madeinday

    ReplyDelete