Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 3

I love this weeks art challenge-COLOR. Color has a funny way of setting a mood and creating a feeling. I love to surround myself with color when i need to find creativity. A box full of pencils, pastels, markers and even some paint dabs on a palette make all the difference!

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!

January 17-Art Challenge: 
The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt:  
"I found I could say things with color and shapes 
that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe


For this challenge i created a background using some acrylic paints and a brush. I then made a light wash of gesso and water and applied it over the paint to tone down the color a bit.I added some text with a stamp i purchased from Michaels and swirls using a stamp set by rhonna farrer. 


I cut out circles from an old book page and glued them down with 
Matte Medium. I added color to the circles with gelatos and used a black china pencil to draw around the circles. I also added 
some text with a sharpie pen.



I printed out the saying on vellum using my inkjet printer. To make sure the text would not smear, I sprayed it with some workable fixative, then applied it to my page using Matte Medium.


To finish it off i added some texture using Golden's Titanium White acrylic paint! 


If you are interested in creating some art and joining the group, 
here is the link: 






No comments:

Post a Comment