Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 4

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!


January 24-Art Challenge:
Writing
Journal Prompt: 
Words with Friends


I'm still not very comfortable with my own handwriting so 
I decided to incorporate words using some old book paper. I tore up pieces and glued them down with Matte Medium. I also stamped the word Friendship around my page.



I watered down some Gesso and applied a light coat over the 
words to lighten them and make them appear in the background. 
I then used my Micron pen and drew some doodles


I just recently bought some Inktense Pencils by Derwent and couldn't wait to use them. Thought this was a perfect opportunity to try them out. I applied a light amount of color to each petal. Then i used a wet watercolor brush on them to activate the color. As soon as i added the water, intense and vibrant colors appeared. I absolutely love them!  


And here is my finished journal page.  After adding color, i decided to stop there and keep it simple!


If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 


No comments:

Post a Comment