Friday, February 6, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 5

January Theme
The Blank Page and How to Face It!


January 31-Art Challenge:
Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky while you work)
Journal Prompt: 
What Lies Beneath?

So for this week's challenge I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't have enough under paper because, for some reason, i have always thrown mine away. When all the ladies started talking about using it, i thought, oh my goodness, they are right! Why in the world would i throw it away when i could be incorporating it into my journaling. Well anyhow, i had just a few marks on some paper, from my previous DLP projects and some paint dabs on palette paper.


I tore up the paper and applied it to my journal using some Matte Medium. Then added color to my background with Gelatos.



I picked out some stamps i had from Stamp'n Up and used some Memento ink to stamp flowers and a butterfly over the palette paper paint dabs. Then i cut them out with scissors.  



So this is a really cool idea. I saw someone do it on Youtube and thought it was such a wonderful way of adding patterns and even text to your journal pages. I stamped out some circles and text on tissue paper. Yes, tissue paper! Then i applied the tissue paper to my journal using Matte Medium. I tore up pieces and used my fingers to gently apply the tissue paper. This works great because the tissue paper becomes transparent allowing only the image to show through.


Here is a close up so you can see that the circles look like they have been stamped directly onto the page and not onto tissue paper. You can't really see the edges of the tissue paper. I then glued down my flower pieces with some more Matte Medium, stamped some stems and leaves and added color with some Faber Castell PITT pens.


I then decided to add some texture and chose to use a script text stencil by Jamie Echt from The Crafter's Workshop. I placed the stencil over my journal and applied some Light Modeling Paste


When i removed the stencil i was pleasantly surprised with the results 


I added some texture using the end of a paper towel roll, dipped in gesso, to create circles and the edge of an old credit card for vertical and horizontal lines. I finished off my journal with watercolor splatters which is always fun to do! 


If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 


No comments:

Post a Comment