Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 6

February Theme
Layers You Will Love!


February 7-Art Challenge:
When Not to Stop
Journal Prompt: 
"Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)



Layers! Don't you just love layers? They allow us the freedom to enjoy the process of creating art. We can add paper, texture and color until it feels right and if we mess up, we just add another layer!


I started my page with layers of paper and gesso. Then I painted layers of paint using a brush and the side of a credit card. I then drew some flowers with a stabilo pencil and added color with oil pastels 

I added texture using Tim Holtz Bubble & Burlap Stencils and paint. Then i added more color with Derwent Inktense Blocks and some water. 


On the left page i added one of my "Creative Whispers Angels". I printed it out on cardstock, using an inkjet color printer, cut it with scissors and used a glue stick to glue it down.  

On the right side i added one of my favorite prayers. I didn't want the edge of the paper to show so i decided to print it out on tissue paper and then applied it to my journal using some Matte Medium.

If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 

No comments:

Post a Comment