Friday, March 13, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 10

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)


March 7-Art Challenge:
As A Layer Element
Journal Prompt: 
Surviving the Elements


For this week's challenge I used some Dylusions Ink Sprays by Dyan Reavely, to spray the background of my journal page. I love the way these inks look on paper. They are so vibrant and fun to use. 


Once my background was dry, i placed a stencil over it and sprayed some White Linen Ink Spray. This ink does not stay white. It actually lightens the bottom color creating a wonderful ghosting effect. My stencil still had quite a lot of ink on it so i turned the stencil over on the opposite page to create a reverse effect. 



I then used some stencils and Golden Molding Paste to make some dimensional marks. After applying the Molding Paste i noticed it brought up the color of the ink from the bottom layer. I absolutely loved this effect!


To finish off my page i added some circles using the end of a toilet paper roll dipped in gessoa butterfly stamp (from Stampin' Up)and a black Stabilo Pencil


If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 



No comments:

Post a Comment