Friday, March 20, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 11

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)


March 14-Art Challenge:
Borders
Journal Prompt: 
"Borderline feels like I'm going to loose my mind"



For this week's entry i wanted to create a page around the new Cinderella movie. This story holds a special place in my heart. I loved this story growing up and it brings back memories of when my girls were little. I also wanted to incorporate the movie's theme, "have courage and be kind" 


Steps for this week's entry:

1. sprayed the background with Dylusions Ink Sprays - London Blue, After Midnight & Crushed Grape

2. added pieces of stamped & inked tissue paper and glued them down with Matte Medium

3. sprayed my hand carved butterfly rubber stamp with some Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray then stamped my journal
 (This created a wonderful ghosting effect)

4. drew in the glass slipper with a black stabilo pencil and added some glass effects with acrylic paints. For the butterfly i used the Kuretake Gansai Tambi gold watercolor 

5. i then added some grunge using some white acrylic paint, some more of the Kuretake gold and the Tim Holtz Burlap stencil. 


6. i printed out the phrase on tissue paper, using my inkjet printer, and adhered it with some Matte Medium. I then highlighted the letters with a white Uniball Signo Broad Point Gel Pen


7. for my border, i doodled in some swirls using the black ink OHTO Fude Ballpoint Pen. I then used the Uniball Signo Broad Point Gel Pen to add some white swirls and dots 


If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 











No comments:

Post a Comment