Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 13

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)


March 28-Art Challenge:
Make a Custom Element
Journal Prompt: 
"Ride the energy of your own unique spirit" 
-Gabrielle Roth


I really like the quote used in this challenge. I wanted to include photos of my family because they are the energy that 
gives my Spirit wings to fly :) 


1. To start off my journal i tore up pieces of paper,from an old dictionary. I used Matte Medium as my glue and covered both pages 


2. Once dry,i watered down some gesso and applied a thin coat over the pages


3. As one of my custom elements, i  used a flower stencil, i designed, and sprayed some Lemon Zest Dylusions Ink Spray


4. Using the same flower stencil,i added some Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions Ink Spray 


5. I continued adding layers of color, now using another custom stencil and some Funky Fuchsia Dylusions Ink Spray


This is what my background looks like with all the sprayed layers. 
It sort of looks like an Easter page 


6. Using a dry brush, i covered a dictionary page with some watered down gesso. I let it dry, then used it as my printer paper to print the quote on(i used an inkjet printer) 


7. I tore the paper around the quote to give it a more grungy look. 


8. I used another gessoed paper and stamped a butterfly using some Memento ink (the butterfly is another custom element)


I then cut out the butterflies and glued them down with a glue stick 


9. I created some mini polaroid frames and cut them using my Silhouette 


10. Using my inkjet printer, i printed out some pictures and glued the Polaroid frames over them 


To finish off my page, i glued down my mini polaroids and drew a clothesline using a Stabilo Pencil and some pen marks

And that's about it! Hope you enjoyed my creative process. I had fun creating this page :) 


If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 


No comments:

Post a Comment