Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Documented Life Project-Week 14

April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks & Paints)


April 4-Art Challenge:
Watercolors
Journal Prompt: 
It's Water Under the Bridge




i was excited to find out that this journal entry was about watercolors. it gave me the opportunity to practice my Color Drop Flowers technique by Martha Lever. she was the featured artist, March 28, on the DLP group! love her class! :)



1. so to start off i poured some Liquitex inks over a page that i had already stenciled before


2. i then covered an old dictionary page with some Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground to prepare it for some watercolors


3. next i glued down the piece, with Matte Medium, over the right side of my journal. 


i felt the left side needed some text paper. 
so i added some torn pieces, following the same steps as above


4. i poured some more of the Liquitex inks over the journal and let them drip down 


5. here i painted my flowers following Martha Lever's class. this part was absolutely fun!:)


6. for this step i added some words of affirmation to my page using one of my stencils, black paint and a makeup sponge 


7. i felt the black letters needed something more so i went back and placed my stencil to the top and left of the words. i then applied some titanium white 


8. to finalize my page i added some more texture with stamps and paint






If you are interested in creating 
some art and joining the group, here is the link: 


No comments:

Post a Comment